Data Scientist (m/f/d)
QuoData is a global leader in developing and delivering novel tools for analytical quality assurance. To strengthen our data science team, we are looking for dedicated scientists who also have an interest in software development. In addition to the further development of our existing statistical solutions for the web, you can also expect to plan and work on new IT projects including R&D.
Who we are
At QuoData, you will be a part of our statistical engineering and data science team to develop unique data analysis concepts based on robust statistics or using AI and implement them as sophisticated web applications. QuoData tools are used by more than 100 corporations, SMEs and government agencies worldwide and make an important contribution to environmental and consumer protection, in the development of new manufacturing processes and the provision of new approaches to diagnostics, up to the optimization and validation of medical devices.
Make a contribution - what you can expect :
- Working at the intersection of statistical engineering and application development for various use-cases in the field of food, consumer protection, environment, materials, biomedicine, and more
- High involvement in product development and project management
- Good public transport connections
- Highly motivated, nice colleagues
- An open ear for your ideas
- A family-like environment
- An old villa in art nouveau style near the river Elbe with large offices
Your profile and skills
What’s important to us
- You have in-depth knowledge of Python including application development in combination with other technologies.
- You bring creativity and the ability to work in a team.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You enjoy working independently in a self-organized team.
- You are interested in diversified tasks and working in an interdisciplinary team of mathematicians, biotechnologists and bioinformaticians.
- You enjoy the freedom to devise practical solutions to problems and bring them to life.
- You like creative writing and presentations (e.g. reports, manuscripts, summaries of results).
- You are familiar with R, GAUSS or similar statistical tools.
- You can bring your scientific knowledge into play.
- You have initial experience in project management and product development.
- Interest in statistics, data analysis and design of experiments (DoE)
- Good English skills
- Experience with document-oriented databases (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB) and database development/data modeling of relational databases (ideally MySQL).
- Experience with PHP or single page application frameworks such as Vue.js, AngularJS or ReactJS
- Experience in the creation of smart AI-based applications
- Experience with agile software development/working methods (e.g. Kanban), short iteration cycles and rapid prototyping
- Experience with version control systems (ideally Git)
- Experience with the implementation of workflows for machine learning, e.g. for feature engineering, model training, data analysis and DoE
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours and home office option
- Diversified tasks
- Joint events, e.g. summer party and Christmas party
- Company pension scheme
- Coffee flat rate & free drinks
- Continuing education as well as development and training opportunities in ongoing projects
Type of position: full-time, part-time, permanent position, working student
We accept applications from experienced professionals as well as career changers/starters.
Do you feel addressed?
Then send your informative application documents to Kristina Berger (firstname.lastname@example.org).