GUMsim – Software for determination of measurement uncertainty
An ideal tool to help implement measurement uncertainty acc. to GUM and GUM S1
Deviations from the true value (measurement uncertainty) always accompany measurements carried out in the context of the evaluation or calibration of measurement instruments or procedures. Quality control requires that this uncertainty is quantified.
Based on the current Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (GUM) and the GUM supplement 1, GUMsim® is built upon advanced computational algorithms that allow more efficient determination of measurement uncertainty in compliance with ISO/IEC 17025.
GUMsim’s advantages at a glance:
- Fully developed statistical tool with excellent price/perfomance ratio
- Utilize the Monte-Carlo method for evaluation of measurement uncertainty
- Easy to use, intuitive interface
- Fast computation time
- Comprehensive and expert technical & statistical support service
Learn more about GUMsim
Book your personal appointment with one of our experts and get to know GUMsim with no obligation.
For more information see our GUMsim Flyer.
The determination of measurement uncertainty results from the mathematical relation and statistical evaluation of all factors which contribute to the measurement result. For such measurement models GUMsim offers a comfortable input environment.
Several application models have been pre-defined and are available as templates for your particular evaluations to help you get started.
Statistical features in acc. with GUM and GUM S1
GUMsim’s statistical analysis follows the calculation rules defined in GUM. The following features are available:
- Calculation of the combined standard uncertainty and of the expanded uncertainty
- Calculation of the uncertainty contributions from the different factors
- Correlation analysis and evaluation of the correlation matrices
- Type A (direct and indirect methods) and type B input quantities
- Adaptive and non-adaptive Monte-Carlo method
- Linear and non-linear models
- Symmetric and asymmetric distributions
Comprehensive reports can be generated automatically to provide a final summary of the measurement uncertainty evaluation in accordance with GUM and GUM S1.
GUMsim can be used to determine the measurement uncertainty associated with physical or chemical testing.
- In analytical chemistry
- In analytical quality assurance
- In the food and environmental biology
- In metrology
- In connection with precision instruments
- In connection with materials testing
|930 € for a single license
|Network licenses can be offered on request
A license is computer-bound – that is to say, a license allows all users of one computer to work with GUMsim.
With the purchase of a license, you acquire the right to transfer the license from one computer to another (up to three times).
The prices are net prices plus the legally applicable VAT, which will be charged in addition.
We ensure continuous program maintenance. Furthermore, we offer a hotline for technical and statistical support.
Workshops and individual training courses
We regularly offer specific GUMsim software workshops for licensees and interested parties. Under professional guidance, you have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the software and its statistical background, and to discuss issues of data evaluation or important theoretical questions, should the need arise.
Together with our experts you can develop uncertainty models customized to your area of application.